In the following format, we answer key questions, so that you can be certain that IFW will meet or exceed your expectations. If you don’t find the answer to your question here, please feel free to email us at email@example.com or call us at 800-243-9645.
The Institute For Writers enrollment model is an open-enrollment track meaning you can enroll in level one courses at any time. Our learning model is one-on-one, instructor led, and self-paced within certain time limits. We offer both online enrollment and by phone. The Institute is open Monday-Friday, 8:30 am -4:30 pm ET throughout the year and is closed on the following holidays.
The Institute enrolls all students without regard to their gender, color, race, creed, religion, or disability. Individuals with significant vision impairment should review our course format closely before enrolling to ensure their compatibility with our education model. To qualify for admission, an applicant must meet the following requirements: New students must complete and pass our Writing Assessment (link) as the first step. Once the assessment is completed, you will receive your results via email. Once you have satisfactorily completed our writing assessment, simply complete the Enrollment Agreement. Our agreement outlines the Institute for Writers and the student obligations. The required down payment must be submitted at the time of enrollment. Submit information on high school completion. All students are required to have a High School Diploma or GED Equivalency. If a student is below the age of 18 and has parental/guardian approval, high school completion is waived. Once the Institute has received and reviewed the agreement, the accepted applicant will receive a welcome letter with instructions on how to begin their course.
To access IFW courses, students need access to a compatible PC with the following minimum requirements:
- Reliable Internet Connection
- An Active E-mail Account
- Speakers/Working Sound System
- Most recent version of a web browser such as Firefox, Google Chrome, or Microsoft Internet Explorer
Institute For Writers welcomes International students! Please read the following requirements needed to participate in an IFW course:
- There is an additional charge for shipping/handling of all materials. Prior to completing the online enrollment form, you must provide your physical mailing address via email: firstname.lastname@example.org. IFW will then calculate the cost to ship all course materials via UPS to your physical location. We do not ship to P.O. Boxes. A prospective student must approve the additional shipping cost in their email reply. The shipping cost will then be processed as a separate credit card transaction after your enrollment form has been received. We will not process your enrollment until you approve the shipping fees. Upon receipt of appropriate payment the entire course will be shipped via UPS Worldwide Express and will include Customs Documentation Form 2976A indicating educational materials. Any additional customs or duty fees are the responsibility of the student.
- All international students are required to have access to a computer and maintain an active email address.
- All testing and correspondence will be conducted over the Internet utilizing our Online Student Center.
- Cancellation policies provided to domestic students do not apply to international enrollments.
The following methods of payment are accepted for our international students:
- Money Order — MUST be in U.S. dollars
- Credit Card (drawn from a U.S. bank)
Institute for Writers (IFW) is confident that the course you have selected will be everything we advertise. To assure you of this, we provide this refund policy. A student may cancel their course by notifying IFW; a written request is recommended. If you cancel within 10 days from the signature date on your Enrollment Agreement, all tuition monies will be refunded. If you cancel after 10 days from the signature date of your Enrollment Agreement, but prior to receipt by the school of your first assignment, you are obligated to a registration fee of 20% of the tuition or $200, whichever is less. If you cancel after submitting the first assignment, you are obligated to pay the school the registration fee, plus a percentage of tuition as follows:
- Up to and including 10% of the assignments, 10% of the tuition.
- After submitting more than 10% up to and including 25% of the assignments, 25% of the tuition.
- After submitting more than 25% up to and including 50% of the assignments, 50% of the tuition.
- After submitting more than 50% of the assignments, you owe the school the full tuition.
Students who wish to cancel their enrollment with IFW and have a balance due will have their payment terms processed through their existing credit card or e-check account. A reinstatement fee of $90.00 will be required for the reactivation of any enrollment if requested within 180 days from initial cancellation. Refunds are processed within 30 days to the payee of record. No refunds will be issued after 12 months from the signature date.
Sample Refund Calculation
Sample refund for a student enrolled in an IFW writing course
Assignments Completed: 1
Tuition Based on 1 Assignment Completed: $91.90
Registration Fee: $200.00
Total Due to Cancel: $291.90
Total Paid to Date: $914.00
Total Refund Due to Student: $622.10
Refund policies and refund amounts may vary by course and/or payment plan chosen upon enrollment.